Wednesday, October 5, 2016

UB Got Me Here

"UB Got Me Here" is a new column that features various students for the academic and personal success they have achieved with the help of the Upward Bound program. Everyone has a different story, and we look forward to sharing how Upward Bound has helped prepare each student for the future and what goals these students have set for themselves. 

Want to be featured? Email jenkinse@technologyproject.ohi.edu or message Upward Bound on Facebook

This week's spotlight is on Bridget Wray!

Bridget says: Upward bound started out as merely an educational opportunity. As I went to workshops and the summer phases these past three years, it has become home and family. I have been given this gift of knowledge, benefits and most of all a reliable support system. I plan on going to Ohio University and Upward Bound has given me the tools to make sure I get there. Through ACT prep, financial workshops, cultural experiences, major exploration fairs and college tours, UB has thoroughly prepped me for higher education. I love it so much!"

We're proud of all of your hard work, Bridget!


No comments:

Post a Comment