We offer two different sessions to students:
- Academic year phase - attempts to aid students in college planning
- Summer residential phase - students spend six weeks at Ohio University's campus taking summer classes to further prepare them for their college or career choices.
Upward Bound eligibility is determined by the following factors:
- Annual family income and/or
- Prospective first-generation college student status
- Freshman, sophomore, or junior in one of Upward Bound's 17 partnership high schools
- 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA
The seventeen area high schools that are partnered with Ohio University Upward Bound are:
- Alexander Local
- Athens City
- Chillicothe City
- Crooksville Exempted Village
- Eastern Local
- Federal Hocking
- Miller Local
- Morgan Local
- River Valley
- Vinton County
To apply for the Upward Bound Program, students can get an application from their high school guidance counselor after the informational session or download the online application to be completed and given to the guidance counselor to send to the Upward Bound office.
Deadline for the submission of applications is Friday October 17th, 2014.
Download the Upward Bound Application